With Valentine’s Day coming up I was inspired by a cute new idea! A Lovely Little Llama Valentine!
This little llama has a blanket with two pockets that can deliver valentines for the big day 🙂
Not only would this llama be adorable for Valentine’s Day, but any holiday! Change the colors to green and red and you have Christmas. Dress it up for birthdays, Easter, or even Halloween. Changing the colors, accessories, and fabrics will completely change the feel of the project.
The pocket pouch is definitely my favorite part of the project, aside from the overall cuteness, of course! You can place notes, treats, and gifts in the little pockets.
The pattern is available in two sizes. The small size measures approximately 9 inches tall without the ears, and the large measures approximately 11.5 inches tall.
It is constructed with swirl fur which is great to work with and is super fluffy! It just calls out for cuddles 🙂
This project is fairly simple, but the fur does add a bit of difficulty. I would say it is about a 4/10 in terms of difficulty. You need to be comfortable using small seam allowances and sewing curves. Experience with fur or plush fabrics is also helpful.
Supplies – (See Cut Layouts for Fabric Sizes)
- Fleece or Swirl Fur Fabric (Body)
- Fleece or Felt (Face)
- Cotton Fabric (Blanket, Ears, & Tail)
- 1/4 inch wide elastic (3.5 inches – small, 4.25 inches – large)
- Two Safety Eyes (8mm – small, 10mm – large)
- Black Thread or Embroidery Floss
- Blush or Pastels (Optional)
- Yarn, scrap felt, and beads (Necklace – Optional)
- Coordinating Thread
- Sewing Machine & Basic Sewing Tools (Pins, Scissors, etc.)
- Hemostats or Tweezers (Recommended)
- Hand Sewing Needles
- Ultra Fine Point Sharpie (Optional)
- Air Erase Marker (Recommended)
- Purple Thang (Optional)
Free Patterns & Cut Layouts
DETAILED VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS: