Rag Doll Project Testing

A rag doll was one of the project brainstorm ideas that I posted in my sketchbook recently. The project is a bit time consuming, so I opted to do other projects first.

However, this weekend I was quite excited to have the time to work on the project.

First, I drafted two pattern options. After testing them both I made some adjustments to my favorite version and found a shape I was pretty happy with!

1img_7089

Next came the daunting task of tackling the hair! I do have to say that it took longer than expected to hand stitch all that yarn! Thank goodness for comfy couches and Netflix. It definitely helps the process.

Once I was happy with my rough drafts, I went on to test the project!

1img_7111

I have to say, I was quite happy with the results! I love all of the hair! It took about a half skein of yarn, but I love how puffy it is!

I hope to have instructions and patterns ready to share soon!

Composition Book Cover Testing

I decided to make the composition book cover first.

I tested my pattern several times looking for the best fit and arrangement. While my first plan was to just make the zipper pocket with the window, it was quite difficult in some respects and I wanted the project to be practical for sewers of all ability levels. As a result, I ended up making a pocket version as well.

I was quite pleased with how both turned out and hope to have tutorials available soon!

Composition Book Cover Cut Layouts by learncreatesew

1img_6450